Sunday, October 19, 2008

Preface.

I should describe what you are about to read. It will make life easier for all of us.

The lad is a real guy. He started in tugboats as a waterman of sorts but had no clue what he was getting into. The people that the lad encounters are all real. I started out using no names but it got too monotonous keeping track of all of the generic characters. So the names you find are made up.

The story you are reading is true. By true, I mean that the events actually happened. It may be that I include the lad in a story that never really happened to him but it was important to add the chapter to the ongoing storyline because it was too juicy or entertaining to leave out. But you can be assured, whether they are out of sequence, containing substituted charaters, or set in different locations, the stories are true.

Finally, BLOGSPOT occasionally has internal errors that make it necessary for me to start the story over. If you ever come in a find the chapters gone, just keep an eye out, I'll begin posting them one by one again. The only thing I'll miss are your comments. Feel free to comment again and again if this happens. I want you all to be included in this effort.

Enjoy. And.....please don't be offended. This could get rough a little later down the line. After all, tugboats are real. The Little Toot world of the tugboat clubs doesn't exist and it never did. These are tough men with tough lives. It doesn't matter how much money they earn or where they come from. They work the tugs for a chance to do as they please for a change.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Shipbuilder (submarines to be exact) and an Apprentice at Northrop Grumman Newport News Shipyard. I was googling "Tugboat" and found your blog. So far I like it. I'm also on here as The Krooked Square. You have a gift and I will let you know what I think. Do you have any friend who are bloggers?

2/26/09, 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home